Sunday, January 30, 2011

How To Make Frozen Cookies

Pan American Pumpernickel (másomenos. ..)

A bread really different, and very rich. There are two types of pumpernickel: the German original (100% rye bread with a long long process of preparation and cooking) and the American, which, although inspired by the first has nothing to do, it takes a mixture of wheat and rye and get that dark color is a combination of "colors" which, besides making it almost black, give a peculiar flavor. As he has told some people very well, I leave a link where you can read more . And, since we woke up Sunday as "guiris" I keep a little to change it to Audaciosus by some of his Skopor (pan Swedish).
Mine is, like almost all my recipes, a personal version with ingredients I had at home. Basically a 50% bread wheat and 50% rye, made with sourdough or preferment, I leave the amounts I used, for a loaf rather beautiful:
-160 gr. sourdough rye (semi-full, Rincon del Segura)
-170 gr. rye flour
-250 gr. flour wheat (in my case, tampers stone ground)
-320 gr. water, approximately (depending on flour) -1
scoop of roasted malt
-2 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder -1
small cup honey or molasses
-12 gr.
salt -1 tablespoon caraway seeds
-optional: crumbled stale bread (I did not use)
reserved a few caraway seeds to decorate the bread. Mix all ingredients, adding the water little by little (it has to be a mass a little sticky, but not unmanageable) and kneaded, followed by intermediate or resting, until the dough smooth. Let stand at room Environethics approximately 3-4 hours or until almost has doubled in size. Over the first levied is shaped (ball, or a thick bar banetón) and allowed to weigh again. I left it on overnight banetón fresco Madrid, about 14 hours or so, but you can leave again at room temperature until doubled. Cover with caraway seeds and bake about 40-45 minutes, initially at 230 degrees, then falling to 180 º -200 º.
can change many things: some coffee added by replacing part of the liquid, for example. I put a few seeds caraway because I feel a very sharp taste, but you can add more to taste. Sourdough acidity gives it needs, but I read that some people will add a dash of vinegar to get it (do not know how it turns out, really). And I've seen some recipes that add a little butter, some spices, candy ...
remains a very dark and aromatic bread, crumb texture with a very soft and squishy, \u200b\u200bslightly abizcochada and moist, but not take any fat. And, despite the cocoa and honey, is not at all a sweet bread, this morning we have breakfast with butter and fresh cheese, cucumber and salmon, but my waiter thought it was good to dry the coffee. Not be the last time you prepare, yum.
PD (edited because I got confused with the amount of water)

0 comments:

Post a Comment